Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes

My wedding outfit is random. It's very me (eclectic, kind of vintage, kind of country, a little bit classic). But it is unarguably random.

Starting from the top, I haven't quite decided if I want to stick a birdcage veil on this, but I made myself a fascinator to wear in my hair.
To play into my love of vintage, I wanted to wear pearls with my dress. After trying on a few "normal" strands of pearls, I decided they weren't quite what I was looking for. I wanted something more dangley to work with the v-cut of the front of my dress. So while browsing around etsy last night I found (and bought) this:
I absolutely love it. I love the pearls. I love the scientific , realistic silver shell. And I love that it can either be worn with the rough side out or with this, more posh side:I think I'm going to skip out on the bra with the dress. It doesn't really need it, but I want to get some cute vintage styled underwear, maybe a garter belt (though there will be no garter or garter toss). And I'll be wearing my self-dyed yellow crinoline (which I have yet to take pictures of).

And then on my feet I'll be wearing these babies. They are practical. I know I'll wear them for years after the wedding. They are pretty comfortable (though they need to be broken in a bit. And they've got my something blue hidden inside.

1 comment:

Liana Harlan said...

Love the cowboy boots! I can't wait to see how it all comes together.