Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Recipe for Love

I bought a gocco months ago in anticipation of making my own wedding invitations. I quickly learned that goccoing on fabric, probably isn't the best first project. It ended up working, but not as well as I wanted it to, and in a smudgy, abstract kind of way. So I've been intimidated by the evil orange machine for months now, and have avoided eye contact with it as it's been sitting in the corner of the living room. But realizing that at some point I will need to actually print the invites, and that I should probably do another test project before then, I'd been brainstorming ideas.

And then I was digging around in my cookbooks the other day and inspiration hit! And it took care of two things...1) It's gocco'd. and 2) It is a guest book of sorts!


The idea is that people will take a blank recipe card out of one of the recipe boxes, write something silly/thoughtful on it, and stick it in the other box. Then we'll have a recipe box full of love. I think I'm going to need signage at the wedding to explain this since some may not get it, but my friends have been positive about it so far.
I love them, they were very quick to print (80 cards took about an hour including gocco prep time), and my crazy font that I was worried about printing on the invites turned out really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am new to your site but I have to say your ideas and blog are great! I love the idea of using gocco to create invitations, and was wondering where you got your gocco printer from? Thanks so much!

backyardwedding said...

Aimee-I bought mine off ebay. They are pretty easy to find. The bigger issue is where to find the supplies. Paper Source carries them, but runs out pretty frequently. Etsy and ebay also have them off and on.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much.