Monday, December 29, 2008

Wedding Recap: The Trash Your Dress Before the Wedding Part

So after we took a bunch of nice portraits by the old motels and theaters, P really wanted a few shots by the brick of the old steel mill. As we walked down the street to get there, we were passed by a group of guys skateboarding.
The first few started out all innocent and clean...
But then P. spotted the forklift. At which point I had to make the decision every bride has to make at some point on her wedding day...do I care if my dress is covered in grease and exhaust stains before the ceremony even starts?

We were all a little bit starving and loopy at that point, so the answer was no, I didn't care. So onto the forklift it was...



It's amazing how photogenic heavy machinery is.

Then someone suggested we all hop into this big metal bin that was sitting outside. Again, not the cleanest place to be in a big white dress.
My dress stayed surprisingly unharmed in this process, though getting out of the bin was an interesting moment. I'm really short and the bin was fairly tall, so P. was attempting to help me out.
From that angle, not so bad. It looks like he's trying to grab my butt a little, but nothing seriously ridiculous.

And then there's this...
Not only does it look a bit...dirty (or something0...he also looks like he's going to drop me.

See. Ridiculous!
Up next, we ride the rails...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your shoes! Can you share the style/company or where you found them?

backyardwedding said...

Lisa- They are from Anthropologie. I bought them over the summer (probably june or so)